O Captain! My Captain!

作者:Walt Whitman(沃尔特·惠特曼)

O Captain! My Captain! our fearful trip is done;
哦,船长,我的船长!我们的险恶航程已经告终;

The ship has weather'd every rack, the prize we sought is won;
这船挺过了一切磨难,我们寻求的奖赏已经赢得。

The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
临近港口,我听见钟声响彻,人群欢呼,

While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring:
目送这稳稳驶进的船体,这坚强、无畏的船儿。

But O heart! heart! heart!
可是,哦,我的心、心、心啊!

O the bleeding drops of red,
哦,点点殷红的血液流滴着,

Where on the deck my Captain lies,
在甲板的位置,横卧着我的船长,

Fallen cold and dead.
他倒下,冷却,长逝。


O Captain! My Captain! rise up and hear the bells;
哦,船长,我的船长!起来听这钟声;

Rise up—for you the flag is flung—for you the bugle trills;
起来!——旗帜为你飘扬——号角为你吹响。

For you bouquets and ribbon'd wreaths—for you the shores a-crowding;
为你,花束与缎带花圈抛来——为你,岸边人群簇拥。

For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning;
为你,人群呼喊、汹涌,转动他们的热切面庞;

Here captain! dear father!
这儿,船长!敬爱的父亲!

This arm beneath your head;
这只手臂给您的头颅枕去;

It is some dream that on the deck,
有如甲板上的一场梦,

You've fallen cold and dead.
您倒下,冷却,长逝。


My Captain does not answer, his lips are pale and still;
我的船长并未作答,他的嘴唇发白,纹丝不动;

My father does not feel my arm, he has no pulse nor will;
我的父亲感不到我的手臂,他已没有脉搏与意志。

The ship is anchor'd safe and sound, its voyage closed and done;
这船已经安然地抛锚碇泊,这航行也已结束告终。

From fearful trip, the victor ship, comes in with object won;
自险恶的旅途归来,这胜利之船,带来赢取的战利品;

Exult, O shores, and ring, O bells!
欢跃,哦,海岸;轰鸣,哦,大钟!

But I, with mournful tread,
可是,我带着悲怆的脚步声,

Walk the deck my captain lies,
漫步在我船长横卧的甲板上,

Fallen cold and dead.
他倒下,冷却,长逝。